The ASiAA is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1984 (NSW) Registered No. INC9880651. It is a not-for-profit organisation, which carries out research, technology transfer and advocacy on behalf of its members. As such, it is exempt from paying income tax in Australia.
All membership applications are subject to board approval before membership is granted. The Association has adopted a constitution setting out its governance, membership structures and rights. In summary,
This Association has three grades of membership:
- Producer member shall be a producer of amorphous silica as described in rule 1 for the Association rules. The minimum annual fee for members is currently $25,000 exclusive of GST. Members have voting rights at all Association meetings and are eligible to stand for election to the management committee.
- Marketing member shall be a processor or marketer of amorphous silica as described in rule 1 for the Association rules. The minimum annual fee for full members is currently $3,000 exclusive of GST. Full members have voting rights at all Association meetings.
- Associate member can be a company, an authority or an individual person engaged in the provision of services impacting on the amorphous silica industry. That is, equipment suppliers, consultants, government and semi government authorities and trade Associations. The annual membership fee for Associate and Overseas membership is $500, exclusive of GST. Associate and Overseas
- Members are encouraged to attend and participate in all Association activities and meetings, however they do not have voting rights.
The Association operates on the basis of consensus. Accordingly, all matters related to changes to our objects must be put before the Association members and require a vote. The ideals of consultation and cooperation are encouraged for the development of all policy positions to be taken by the Association.
Current Association Members
Full Members and Associates
- Simcoa Operations Pty Ltd (WA)
- Holcim Ltd (National)
- Microsilica NZ Ltd (NZ)
- Xypex Pty Ltd (National)
- HBM Group Pty Ltd
The Association has adopted the model rules of the New South Wales Associations Incorporation Act with minor modifications to suit the Association's needs.